Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jgivigl
      Participant

I painted my home with Ralph Lauren “Tuxedo White” Paint. Home Depot is no longer carrying R.L. Paint and does not have the proper mix combo for “Tuxedo White”. Does anyone had the combo that I can give to home Depot to touch up my living room and dining rooms?

Thanks!!

Bruno1949
      Participant

The actual formula for RL paint was pretty much secret and even if someone could somehow match the formula no one could guarantee that the new paint would match the old paint EXACTLY. No two batches of paint are exactly the same which is why painters always mix the cans, even if they are the same batch numbers. Secondly, your paint has aged. It’s no longer exactly the same shade as it was when new.

Rather than have the touch ups stand out like a sore thumb you would be better off finding another paint that comes close to what you have and repaint the entire room.

Unregistered-lg

break a little piece off behind a sofa or something (about the size of a dime or larger)and have home depot make up a pint of touch up paint using the sample. (computer matching)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.