Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-kevinmichael1

I had Barn Red paint in my old house and would like to use that color again in our new house. It is my understanding that Ralph Lauren no longer makes Barn Red. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the Barn Red paint chip so I can have our paint shop match the color?

Faron79
      Participant

Hi KM,
      We tint a lot of RL-product where I work (NOT a big-box store!!). If you can find a RL retailer near you, AND if they’ve saved the older fandecks (from ~2000-2005), you could have them match the color into your chosen paint line.
      >>> Couple of notes though…
      * If using RL paint…RL (like many other paint co.’s) periodically change bases, & some formula’s from time-to-time.
      * Since Barn Red isn’t in the current electronic fandeck, you’d have to use the pre-2005 formula in the NEW base, numbered as 3xxx. Older bases were 1xxx.
      * Since 2005, RL increased the sheens slightly in each base, along with other slight changes…Sooo you COULD use an old formula in the new base, but the color will be SLIGHTLY different.
      * Use a GRAY primer under this or ANY deep red!!! TWO coats minimum of red about 4~5 hrs. apart.

Thanks,
      Faron

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.