Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      boothbay
      Participant

I just installed a ceiling fixture to my previous pushbutton connector. Upon checking the wireing of that connector I saw that it had 2 copper wires, each one inserted into an opening, by pressing them in. After the installation and I turn on the light, the light goes on and off at times and at other times it stays on as it should until I’m ready to shut it off. Why would it react this way? I went to Loews to see if I could buy another pushbutton connector like the old one and the so called salesguy of that electrical area, said he never heard of one like I described. Can you imagine? I checked the wireing in the connector and they seem solidly installed. If it were the pushbutton itself, then why would it light up at all?

Billhart
      Participant

I have never of a PUSHBUTTON connector.

Now there are some push on connectors and Lowes has them. But as far as I know they are not reversable. To get off or to remove the old fixture you need to cut the wires.

If you have that type and tried to pull the wires out then you probably have damaged them.

Use wire nuts and eliminate that possibility.

Because they are now reversable and have to be cut off I only use them where the wires are too short. Then I connect them to pigtails which I then connect to the fixture or device.

And yes switches that are starting to fail can be intermident.

Aslo I have see sockets in light fixtures with bad connections.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.