Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-Susan

My husband and I moved into a new home, but we think our neighbors had built a fence about 2 feet over the property line into ours. Who do we contact to find out where the property line should be? We live in Los Angeles, CA. Thanks.

countrybrenda
      Participant

Not sure how it is done in Ca but in Texas we had a surveyor that came out before we bought the house and was given diagram, it even shows on our tax information online for our county You might want to try the court house or if you have some friends/relative in the area and see if they can help.

Unregistered-Dr. Phil

They say good fences make good neighbors. More than likely the neighbor had a surveyor out and the town approved the fence line. Could be an honest mistake was made or could be they “stole” 2 feet of property from the previous owners of your house. Is your plan to make the neighbors more their fence two feet?

Unregistered-susan

I contacted the city as some of you suggested. They said they don’t get involved in this and to contact a surveyor. I did and they cost over $1,000 to come out and do the survey! That is too much. Is there anything else I can do to find where the line is?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.