Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-prunella

i recently bought a home and i have a private well. unfortunately, on friday my water stopped working and the well pump hasn’t come on. what could be the problem?

Billhart
      Participant

“well pump hasn’t come on” Do you know that or only that there is no water?

What kind of pump, jet or submersiable?

There are many different posibilities.

1. Breaker tripped. Have you tried reseting it.

2. Bad pressure switch.

3. TRipped overload in controller.

4. tripped low water cutout.

5. bad start capacitor in controller.

6. broken wire/cable

7. bad pump/motor.

8. broken pipe.

MistressEll
      Participant

You had the water supply independently evaluated (a sample taken and tested) by an EPA certified indenpendant laboratory. So you already know if you had a fecal coloform, heavy metals, awful chemical, had radioactive contamination, etc., before you even purcahsed this property, and have paid for similar compound analaysis every year since (at a minimum), that you had the pump, well, pressure tank, etc. inspected and maintained regularly by a certified agency/contractor. Lets further assume that you have same regularly serviced, inspected, maintained by same.

CALL HIM/HER. DUH.

You provide nothing useful nor relavant to even begin to investigate.

It could be anything, for example a failure in a multitude of areas, a clog, a short, a drop in the table, a local drought, local activities diverting the path of the feeding aquifer, too many to much to hazard a guess.

Form the stupidity, grossness, and ambiguous of your question, It could be ANYTHING. If you haven’t even EDUCATED YOURSELF on the BASICS of your PROPERTY’S WATER SUPPLY nor the system that provides it…you deserve nothing less than total amusement being displayed at your own stupidity for having made such a silly post in the first place! Caveat Emptor, you deserve whatever you get. Shame on you for not knowing even the basics about your situation to even pose a fact set WORTHY of a considered response!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.