Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      rascal30
      Participant

I have a problem I recently stripped the wallpaper from my daughters room. I was able to get about 90% of the glue off the wall after it was removed. I decided that I would prime it and then paint it. My husband told me to buy water base primer so I did and after applying it to the wall I realized it was “reactivating” the existing wallpaper glue.
      My walls are a little uneven in spots now and I would like to fix it. I am assuming my husband was wrong in telling me to use a water based primer and I should have used and oil based one. I was thinking of using a “high build” primer on it to hide some of the imperfections and then paint it again, can I do this??? Can I use and oil based primer over a water based one?
      Any suggestions would be helpful.

Faron79
      Participant

Hi Rascal,
      1) What do you mean by “the walls are uneven in spots now”?? Physically, or coverage-wise?
      2) Exactly what primer did you apply?

If you have “physical” uneveness on the wall, sanding is the only answer. Whether manually, or using a mouse.
      ** Rinse all dust off & let dry.
      ** Find & apply GARDZ by Zinsser. This primer penetrates & locks down pastes, etc.
      ** Then, TWO coats of finish-color!

Good luck,
      Faron

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.