Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      boothbay
      Participant

I’m interested in getting a power drill but am intimidated on what to look for, know next to nothing about them. I want if for the home and some small projects when they arise. I’m torn between a cordless and power cords.. Batteries seem so finicky ..if you don’t use them properly, you lose them..this happened to me in a craftsmen small circular saw. Now to replace the batteries cost more than the unit, I was told..so its useless. Hone depot has some nice sales for fathers day ..going from $59 to 129. what should I look for?

Unregistered-lg

get one that plugs in.will last forever.

itsreallyconcrete
      Participant

i’d suggest 3/8″, variable speed, & reversing – jacobs chuck’s std on all those models,,, seriously doubt there’s 1 still made in the usa however i’ve found dewalt & milwaukee make the best drills imo,,, they’re all affordable even if you only use it 2x a yr.

batteries aren’t attractive/advantageous to us economically.

itsreallyconcrete.com
      decorative conc artisan
      conc repairs

Unregistered-J

I like cordless as well as corded. it’s really just a preference. I use my cordless tool fairly frequently so i haven’t reaaly had the battery problem (although I do consider it “mandatory” to have an extra/charged one on hand).

Alomg with the features arready mentioned look for one that stops immediatley as well. Sounds crazy, but mine does not and it is annoying.

itsreallyconcrete
      Participant

we have 1/2″ milwaukee & dewalt drills 25yrs old (1hr per wk) & its used for mixing as are all of our drills,,, battery drills’re hitachi 14.4’s probably 8yrs old w/same useage,,, if i need a drill at home, it gets borrow’d 😉

if i had to BUY a home drill, i’d get what i suggested & a 15amp extension cord.

itsreallyconcrete.com
      decorative conc artisan
      conc repairs

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.