Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      dwightbraden
      Participant

I want to know how many 40 pound bags of peat and humas mix it takes to make a yard.

Thanks, Dwight

thiggy
      Participant

Weight does not convert to a volume measurement without knowing what the volume of your 40# bag of soil mix is to start with. I would guess that a 40# bag may approximate one cu. ft. If that is the case, then it would take about 27 bags for one cu. yard, which is 27 cu.ft.

itsreallyconcrete
      Participant

he’s thinking ‘ cubic yard ‘ – certainly you’re bright enough to figure that out as its only elementary school math,,, as i read it, what we DO need to know is how big’s your yard ? ? ?

sometimes these little posts can be puzzlingly annoying ’cause they could be more clear & consise,,, please post the answer in either sq ft OR sq yds altho, if nec, we can convert sq meters,,, good luck !

itsreallyconcrete.com
      decorative conc artisan
      conc repairs

itsreallyconcrete
      Participant

the volume of each bag will be printed on it 🙂

itsreallyconcrete.com
      decorative conc artisan
      conc repairs

itsreallyconcrete
      Participant

only, next time, leaving the laptop home ! ! !

itsreallyconcrete.com
      decorative conc artisan
      conc repairs

Bruno1949
      Participant

and 2.2 cubic feet. You want 27 cubic feet for a cubic yard. That’s basically 12 or 13 bags of peat. Your bags may be different so check the bags to figure it out.

Weight to volume isn’t a standard conversion. Compost varies in weight so you will have to do your own math on that one.

thiggy
      Participant

I re-read the orig. post and I stand by the basics of my answer. I still think that he was asking about cubic yards rather than a measurement of area. However the details of how many cu ft his bag of compost contains must be determined by the OP.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.