Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-jamesmansell

I recently moved into a condo and both of the showers go from scalding hot to freezing cold a dozen times throughout a normal shower. None of the other faucets in the apartment do this, even the tub spout maintains a normal temperature. The building has a shared water heater.

I called a plumber and he came out and took the showerhead off the wall and said the water coming from the pipe maintained a consistent temperature. The plumber said the filters in the showerhead were what was causing the temperature to change. We took the plastic filter off one of the showerheads and the temperature is better. It still fluctuates, but it’s not unbearable like it was before. Is there anything else I can do to fix this issue?

homebild
      Participant

If your current shower does not already have one, you can install a mixing valve.

A mixing valve mixes the hot and cold water, and tempers the water to a preset temperature.

Mixing valves are pressure and temperature balanced to prevent changes in temperature during use.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.