Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      nickolas
      Participant

I have a leak in my ceiling that seems to be coming from the bathroom. How can I tell which pipe is leaking and the best way to repair. Going from the ceiling or removing the tub to reach the pipe

HenryinMI
      Participant

Look on the other side of the wall from where your bath faucets are located. There will probably be a panel that can be easily removed to get at the faucets and much of the tub plumbing from the back.

If you can’t find a panel, I really suggest calling a plumber. Bath tubs are not made to be easily removed and, while it may cost for the plumber, the cost to replace drywall, tile, plumbing fixtures, tubs and other parts could be a lot more.

Henry in MI

Anonymous
      Participant

We don’t remove the tub to locate leaks. First make sure the water is not coming from above the floor. Check the toilet tank to bowl connection. Determine if the leak is constant meaning a water line or drain meaning only when the toilet is flushed, or tub is drained or lavatory. Where the water shows up in the ceiling does not mean that the leak is above that. Water runs to the lowest point and you can get a false indication.
      I agree with Henry about the tub access opening.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.