• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Joan

My fiancee and I recently repainted our bedroom. He removed the old phone jack and disconnected the wires. Now we cannot figure out how to reconnect. The existing wire colors do not correspond to the colors on the jack. The existing wires are multi-colored, white and orange, white and blue, dk green and lt green, bk blue and light blue, orange and lt orange, etc. In addition there are 6 existing wires and only 4 places to hook up too. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!! ( he attempted to compare the hook up to the kitchen phone but said it was totally different)

LJ in TX

don’t panic, what you need to do is try a pair of the dark and the light colored wires—hook them up to the green and red terminals on the back of the phone jack outlet. keep trying pairs of colors until you find one that gives you a dial tone. good luck. let us know if this approach worked and how many color pairs did you have to go thru to find the correct pair!!!

melody

I need my phone activated now! I have no phone to call you thats why i have chosen to go through the internet.

Don Ford

We have 2 different phone #’s coming into our home and we were left the job of hooking the phones up on the inside of the house. Can you send me a diagram that will help me install the two separate phones to their own #’s.

Thank You for your assistance!!!,, Jack ford

Andy

bule and white is (red)

solid blue is (green)

orange and white is(yellow)

solid orange is (black)

KJ

I have a main line phone # already hooked up.

Have an additional line hooked up, but I need to wire it up to a jack inside, How Do I Do It ?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.