Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-Kim Engeln

We recently had a handyman install pergo flooring in a large living room, dining room and several hallways. We have notice squeaking noises in the hallways and some areas of the dining room. The flooring was install over concrete using the plastic moisture barrier. The hallways are not that wide only 3 1/2 ft so lots of planks but dining room is big. Is this just a settling problem or could it be a leveling problem with the concrete?

Floorwizard
      Participant

in 8 years, none of my laminate squeaked. Your tounges will break if the floor was not leveled to spec.

*** “One floor expert to rule them all!” ***

Anonymous
      Participant

I’m also a building contractor operating as Floor Replacement in my area. Like Floorwizard I have never had one of my floors squeak from the laminate. I doubt it would be the concrete because this floating floor will handle 1/4″ in six feet. And I don’t think it’s going to settle.
      You may have bought the squeaks when you decided to save money by using an inexperienced installer. I presume this was glue together instead of snap together. Did he use straps? They’re about $50.00 a piece and you would probably need about six or eight. Some installers can do it without straps but they’re daily installers.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.