Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-rookiehomeowner

Hope someone can help me.
      I have no place to have a ceiling light in a Cedar Cathedral roof. I do not want to cut into the roof and there is no way to access it from above even if I did.
      I need light and I think the easiest thing to do is to run a swag (keep the lamps away from the Young’uns).
      We have picked up a nice pendent lite and would like to turn it into a swag. I understand the wiring aspect of it but I guess I would like to know if I can splice it at the top of the pendent where it would normally attach to the ceiling box. The question I guess is whether I require clearance or anything special to do this as there is no box and all there would be is wood, 2 wires, and the cover to the base of the swag (and of course the ground wire from the pendent base which wouldn’t be connected to anything).
      Thank you

thiggy
      Participant

An approved junction box is required by code at all splices. Have you consider surface mount wiring? This will afford you considerably greater flexability in your lighting selection, I think. Check out:
      http://www.wiremold.com/www/commercial/products/index.asp

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.