Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      boothbay
      Participant

I just bought this fixture and ran into a snag installing it. It was made in China and purchased in Lowes. Manual limited and no support available, unless I want to call the china office.Here is the problem…I installed the mounting strip which has a threaded nipple. The manual does not actually show the 2 wires coming through this nipple to meet up with the 2 wires of the fixture. If its not meant to be installed that way, why the hollow nipple? In between I have to attached those wires with wingnuts and then with a canopy in place, I’m suppose to screw collar loop to hold the canopy to the ceiling. Now in order to do that, that collar loop has to be threaded to that nipple…how is it possible to do so, with wires coming out of that nipple, or am I to assume that that nipple is only for holding up the canopy and the wires should just be attached and ly on the inner surface of that canopy? I could send a picture if someone requests it of the manual and of a picture i took with the camera. I don’t know if one can include pictures in this forum…its been awhile since I’ve been here. Thanks

LarryG
      Participant

“or am I to assume that that nipple is only for holding up the canopy and the wires should just be attached and ly on the inner surface of that canopy?”

you got it.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.