Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-jewillaman

IN 1974 WE HAD ALSCO PREMIUM 30 WITH DUPONT TEDLAR SIDING PUT ON OUR HOME. IT IS NOW IN NEED OF PAINT, AS IT HAS STARTED TO BUBBLE UP AND PEEL IN SOME AREAS. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? WHAT KIND OF PRIMER AND PAINT DO I NEED?

THANK YOU
      JEWILLAMAN

painter21
      Participant

I am assuming that because of the age, that it is a steel or aluminum siding. If it is bubbling or peeling, it probably had an adhesion problem in those areas. With metal sidings, the best thing to do is remove all loose paint, by scraping or powerwashing or both preferably. Make sure to remove all of the chalky substance from the metal surface before priming. If the chalky substance is not removed, it could cause an adhesion problem in the future. Then spot prime bare areas with an acrylic latex exterior primer. Then top coat with a good acrylic latex exterior paint.

It’s may be a good idea to contact your local paint store and have a paint rep come out and take a look and advise on what you should do based on what they see.

Good Luck

Learn to paint like a professional “The Tingle Way”. Visit us today at http://www.tinglepainting.com

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.