• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Geri

I rent the top floor of an 80-year old 2-family house. Can you believe that the landlord (who lives downstairs) REMOVED pocket doors?! There must be 50 layers of paint over beautiful old molding. It’s killing me. However, – what I thought I might do to start is paint the paneling in my bedroom and livingroom since the walls behind them must be terrible.
      What, if anything, do I have to know about the paneling? What kind of paint must I use? I’d really like to be able to just slap some paint on to make the rooms look clean and brighter.
      Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

carol

I am in panel painting mode and having success. I am using a “bonding agent” to assure a good surface since not all the paneling is natural wood. I selected “KilzII” a water based stain blocker and bonder and am using Glidden Satin Finish as the color coat. Two coats of Kilz on the darker paneling and always two coats of paint. Prior to Kilz I washed all surfaces with TSP and even used hole filler on damaged surfaces. I am pleased. Wish you good luck!

carol

I am in panel painting mode and having success. I am using a “bonding agent” to assure a good surface since not all the paneling is natural wood. I selected “KilzII” a water based stain blocker and bonder and am using Glidden Satin Finish as the color coat. Two coats of Kilz on the darker paneling and always two coats of paint. Prior to Kilz I washed all surfaces with TSP and even used hole filler on damaged surfaces. I am pleased. Wish you good luck!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.