Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-richv334@hotmail.com

I am designing an Internet Cafe and in the entry I would like to paint the cement floor a dark royal blue and have the company logo in white over the top. The logo will be like a vinyl sticker that will be self adhesive. The logo will have a black light spot light on it to make it pop out of the floor. I want to put a varnish or some kind of urathaine over the top to keep it from peeling.

Is this possible?
      Do I need to put a special primer down first?
      Will it peel over time if the varnish is thick enough?

Please help. I want this to look perfect as it will be in a high traffic area.

Thanks…

Rich

Unregistered-BobF

I think the only thing that would work would be a latex clear coat like Varathane’s Diamond Finish or Minwax’ Polycrylic. These dry clear and hard. Several coats are required but they dry so fast that you could do several in a day.
      Make sure you get the version that is designed for floor use.
      One caveate is that I’m not sure if this coaing would interfere with the black light effect.

HenryinMI
      Participant

For a high traffic area like this, and one that may well be subject to the effects of weather, I think that a true, 2 part, epoxy paint is the only way to go. I think that you should contact a commercial floor painter who is used to doing this kind of work about embedding the logo. Places like machine shops and food processors are other kinds of businesses that often use the epoxy products. Another issue to consider is the slipperyness of your floor in wet situations.

Henry in MI

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.