Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharise
      Participant

I have moved into a home that already had long carpet. It is a cream color. Of course, right before I moved in, my husband had painted a few rooms. He also had a leaky paint bucket. It leaked tawny/tan paint on the carpet. He tried to get the majority of it up in the first half hour. He gave up. I used acetone and oxyclean to remove some of the dried paint. There is still deep,dark areas from where we tried to get the paint up. Is there something out there we havn’t tried? Or do we have to replace the areas. One area is a 2’by2′ and another is 3′ by 2′ areas. Upstairs is a shorter carpet and it has stains that are strewn randomly across. What a deli-ma!

Sharise plescia

tomh
      Participant

If you’re lucky you will have a closet with enough carpet to patch in the damaged area. Acetone on carpet is probably not ideal since it is a solvent for many of the synthetic fibers.

Losing a carpet to a paint leak is a passage of life. Happens to everyone eventually. Some people just go bigger than others, and it sounds like your husband totaled some pretty big areas. I’ll bet he upgrades his drop cloth coverage next time. Don’t ask how I know.

Unregistered-motionspace

We’ve had luck removing paint and stains with paint thinner / mineral spirits.

Motionspace Architects
      http://www.motion-space.com

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.