Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      cherylsdanes
      Participant

Hi there i’m very new to this painting projects! I need alot of advice on color.here starts my problem my furniture is a sandy very light tan kinda beige. my carpet is berber white reds and blues. between my ceiling and where the wall starts is a cove I need some suggestions on what color to paint the walls and the cove one of my walls is paneling that we are getting ready to take down I hate it! However the curtains I want to put in there will be white with a taupe scarf over them. Any suggestion about any of it would be greatly appreciated
      thanks so much cheryl

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi Cheryl,
      What shade of blue is in your carpet and would your room suit a coloured feature wall.Is your room an open plan living or a closed in room. What style of furniture do you have, is it leather, fabric, old world charm or modern. If you can e-mail me a picture of your room it would be great.
      noeleneramsay@hotmail.com Because I will phone my brother in Perth Western Australia and discribe it to him. David is brilliant at this sort of thing. He is the only person that I have ever known that can visualize the colours and look that will look fantastic in your home. I live in Sydney Aust. so if I don’t get back to you soon its because of the time change. look forward to helping you. Regards Noelene

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi Cheryl,
      I forgot to ask, do not have a theme in mind like Tuscany, Asian, Indian, African or Egyptian to name a few. Or do you have paintings, pictures or ornaments that are a certain style you would like to work with. The more I can tell my brother the better. He has been doing this sort of work for years and he can come up with the right colours just by giving him a mental picture of what he is working with. regards Noelene

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi Cherly,
      I spoke to David last night and he is really keen to help out. He loves this sort of thing. I read the e-mails to him that you posted on *** **** and within seconds his mind went into over time. It was so funny listening to him go on. He thought the best thing would be to use Dulux paints because we are quite sure you can buy it in the USA.I found a sight that will help you find a store near you. http://www.iciduluxpaints.com
      I am also new to this sight, I only found it because I was trying to find out what was wrong with my dryer. Before then I have never heard of *** ****. David still lives in the dark ages when it comes to computers, he dosn’t have a PC let alone an e-mail address. So I am going to forward your photos to Steven my other brother that also lives in Perth Western Australia (Perth is a 4 hour flight west a Sydney) David is seeing him this tuesday for diner.
      Don’t forget Aust. is just over a day ahead of the USA. time here is now 11.10 am Thursday
      Hear from you soon regards Noelene

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi Cheryl,
      My brother is still keen to help you out. I think its given him a buzz to think he can help someone on the other side of the world. If you are not quite ready to paint don’t worry just send me an e-mail if you would still like some help.
      noeleneramsay@hotmail.com Regards Noelene

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.