Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      johnson2203
      Participant

I would like to know the easiest way to remove old mildewy caulk from shower panels and re-apply. Also, I have scrubbed and scrubbed the bottom of an old toilet bowl for days and still can’t get whatever orange build up is in bottom of the bowl. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,
      Miss. P. Johnson

pj

Unregistered-carlos

to remove the old caulk, I use a single edge razor blade to cut the caulk out, final cleanup with goof-off. (vent the room when using the goof-0ff)

I use a product from Wal-Mart called “The Works” to clean deposits from the toilet bowl

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi ya

My brother-inlaw had the same problem with his toilet. I thought I was going to throw up when I saw it. It was like it was baked onto the toilet bowl and know matter how hard you scubbed it wouldn’t come off. So I poured about a half a cup of Caustic Soda or the common trade name is Dranio, into the toilet and left it for about an hour then flushed the toilet and gave it another srubb and was all gone.

To remove grout you can use a single edge razer blade or what I used was a tool called a Grout remover. I found it easy to use because it had a handle on it and it made it easy to hold. Regards Noelene

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi again, here are some sites with some usefull tips on regrouting also the tool I used was called a grout saw not a grout remover. regards Noelene

http://www.nationaltiles.com.au/content/DIY_tiling.php http://www.quikrete.com/diy/RegroutingandReplacingTile.html

John
      Participant

Lapege is Australia’s leading supplier of high-quality natural stone tiles, porcelain tiles, and feature tiles. Besides natural stones, we also supply a large variety of porcelain tiles, mosaics, ceramic tiles, natural stones, and bathroom wall tiles in Melbourne to meet your project needs in the most cost-effective and timely manner.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.