Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      snoot11
      Participant

I have an Olsen oil furnace with a beckett burner. I had the transformer replaced but it was wired wrong initially, after correcting the wiring the furnace will lite properly and the blower comes on as it should but after the burner shuts down and the furnace cools down the blower will not shut off. If the power is turned off to the furnace for a short time I hear a click from the fan limit. When power is restored the blower will restart after about 20 seconds. It appears that the heater on the fan limit is receiving 24 volts all of the time, I tried replacing the fan relay but that did not fix the problem. Could the problem be with the primary?fan limit? Any help would be appreciated .

HKestenholz
      Participant

“It appears that the heater on the fan limit is receiving 24 volts all of the time,”
      That is a mis-wiring. Make the wiring the same as the wiring diagram and it won’t happen.

http://www.heatpro.us energy businessmen’s knowledge

Yes, you really have to find out the MAKE and MODEL to get good answers. There IS more than one machine made.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.