Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-HarryC

I need some help getting my boiler fired up. It has a Beckett AF burner. It worked fine last week. I then ran completely out of oil. I got more oil. I purged the lines. But now it wont stay burning. It’ll burn for about 2 to 20 seconds, then flames out, but the motor continues to run, then it sometimes relights for a few seconds, eventually it times out and trips off. I’ve tried everything I can think of the last few days.
      Changed the filter.
      Purged the line many times.
      Cleaned the nozzle and supply tubes(with cyclo)
      Adjusted the electrodes
      Checked the pump by allowing it to pump into a coffee can until it tripped off, it almost filled the 1lb can in the 45 seconds, also to check for water or crap in oil, which there was none.
      Tested photo cell, resistance within range.
      Tested transformer by swapping in a good one.

Theres a solenoid on the gun body that the feed line runs into. It clicks on and off when the flame starts and stops, but I can’t tell if its causing it or reacting to it.

I dont know what else to check. Is there something that would get damaged by it trying to run when it was out of oil? Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

HKestenholz
      Participant

Did you fill the oil tube completely with fresh oil after you changed the nozzle before you installed the oil tube? Air trapped in the line can create the problem.

However, after you get all the parts back correctly, you failed to purchase the combustion test instruments you need to assure the correct air/fuel mixture and flame shape so there is zero smoke and at least 11% CO2.

http://www.heatpro.info heat/cool right-sizing

The Senate and House can not find a suitable health plan for the nation; they should open their own exclusive health plan booklet and start reading.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.