Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-ayuyu2

Had power one minute, then realized no power a bit later. The circuit is not tripped. I know which circuit it is supposed to be, but tripped and reset it several times (along with all the other just to be sure). Still no power.

Anyone have ideas?

My problem is complicated by the fact there is no power to my garage. My crawl space and attic are accessed through my garage, which has no door other than the big garage door. My emergency release on my garage door is not working, so I am really stuck. Any ideas there would be great as well.

Unregistered-Jon E.

Do you have any GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interupter)(I think) outlets in your house?

Having been stumped once by a similar “problem” it turns out one of the GCFI outlets (usually in the kitchen, bath and/or even garage) had tripped. It had nothing to do with the breaker box.

Good luck.

Jasper
      Participant

1. As mentioned, a GFCI may be tripped in that circuit. Reset the GFCI. If it still trips, unplug all appliances from the outlets in the circuit, then reset again. It may be a defective GFCI.
      2. The cable from the CB usually goes to an outlet then another cable goes from that outlet to the next outlet and so on to the last outlet. Along the way you may have a box that feeds a light switch. Turn OFF THE MAIN POWER SWITCH!
      Now remove the outlet cover, pull out the outlet and check for terminal screw tightness for the wires comming in and the wires going out. You might have a bundle of white wires twisted together (Neutral). They sometimes are loose. Do this to all your outlets on this circuit.
      NOTE! This is dangerous work. If you’re not comfortable with working on electricity, call an electrician. They have tools to track the circuit. They’ll fix it in 30 minutes… Adios… Jasper

Jasper Castillo

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.