Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum No hot water from tankless furnace at start

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-hodgysan

Hi;

I have a Kenmore 3ew.652 oil furnace, 3 YO. When I turn on my shower in the am or after a long gap in time, I get no hot water. During the summer, I don’t have this problem.

My furnace tech said that it was due to the cold water coming in from the outside, but I’m skeptical.

If I run the (cold) hot water for a time, turn the water off, wait 5 minutes, and then the furnace kicks in, I get as much hot water as I want, till the next time I let the hot water “sit” for many hours.

Thanks for the help!

Steve

Unregistered-ken

is this a furnace or a tank less boiler.
      there should be a small sensor that tells the boiler that the hot water is flowing and to start the burner.

HKestenholz
      Participant

When a heater is off for a while, the hotter water goes to the top where some models of heater have the sensor. By running the water a bit, the heater starts the burner as the hot water at the top is evacuated.

http://www.heatpro.info heat/cool right-sizing

The Senate and House can not find a suitable health plan for the nation; they should open their own exclusive health plan booklet and start reading.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.