Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      raymic12
      Participant

We just purchased a home and it needed a new garbage disposal. I called and had one installed and it worked fine for the first few times, then suddenly the sink backed up on both sides. Also, when the dishwasher runs, it backs up. The other drains in the house seem to be fine including the washer which is next to the kitchen. The garbage disposal drips under the sink when this happens too. I called the people that installed it and they said I must have a clog in the pipe so they came out and used a ballon looking thing to “clear” the pipes. Well, again the disposal seemed to work and after 1-2 times, it’s all backed up again. They only “balloned” the line that has an “outlet” under the sink, not a part of the sink pipes. Could it be something in the pipes directly under the sink? Why is this only happening now that the new garbage disposal has been installed? Any help/idea is appreciated! Thanks!

Unregistered-Andy

Do you run water while and for a few seconds after the disposer is running? It sounds to me like the debris is not being properly flushed thru the system after each use, leading to a clogged condition.
      Andy

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.