Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum Need Opinion on "QUICK SOLUTION Cabinet & Furniture Paint"

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      AJ

I was shown “Quick Solution” Acrylic Cabinet & Furniture Satin Enamel Paint at Mendards the other day. It is $30 per gallon and is supposed to be really good. It says it has the primer already in it so you don’t need to prime.

I am going to paint some kitchen cabinets and I am wondering if I should use this product. I was going to prime then coat with oil based product. But I would consider the quick solution if I new it was truly a good way to go.

Has anyone ever used this? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Jim -ATS

There is no such thing as magic fairy dust, and no such thing as primer inclusive paint, in my opinion. Go to a real paint store and buy real paint appropriate to your appliation..The pros in the store should be able to help you with the project. Go to Sherwin Williams or whatever major brand paint store you like in your area. Do not go to a store where the guy behind the counter who last week could have been asking his customers if “you want fries with that?”

Prep work and quality materials are the key here. The real expense is the PITA of doing it at all. (PITA = Pain In The ***) So do it right the first time.

Okay off my soap box.

Good luck!

Steve C

I used it to paint a bathroom vanity. It did go on pretty well and is a fairly hard paint. Holds up pretty good but it has chipped in a couple spots. I used the white – the color & sheen looks more like primer than a finish coat to me though. I don’t know how the colored products look – Menards said they didn’t have any information to mix any colors than what it came in. One of the guys I work with was at Home Depot and asked a paint rep about what to use on his vanity. The paint rep recommended the Glidden cabnit paint and he wasn’t a Glidden rep. I think he worked for Berr.

AJ

NT

Ruth

Wonderful…did woodwork & cabinets in last house, now redoing another & Menards doesn’t carry. Only product that was forgiving w/brush marks & let the grain show through. I now have to order direct from manufacturer out east

P M McClay

Its wonderful,used it on my cabinates.Need some for some more cabinates. Store I bought from no longer carries it. Need help finding it in Minneapolis Minnesota .Please help

JUDI

I used the paint on furniture – it turned out like a million bucks. It was for my daughters bedroom. It still looks fresh 2 years later. Went to Menards to get some to paint more furniture – they no longer carry the product. I am unable to find the product anywhere. Anyone have any solutions? Menards suggested Duthcboy cabinet paint. Don’t bother it is not as good as Quick Solution.

Jared S.

This is a great product. My store sells it if you are interested ,please call 1-800-618-7246 or email me at jared@sipspaint.com

Joseph Guglielmo

looking for a product called cabinet rescue paint…low luster acrylic water base …anyone know of such a product and where I can purchase it ??

Paul

If you find some or a porduct like it (satin finish) please let me know thanks

Paul

If you find some or a porduct like it (satin finish) please let me know Its great stuff thanks

Unregistered-Belynda

I am going to paint my kitchen cabinets which are laminate. I heard of a product called “Cabinet Rescue” paint which is a one step primer/paint in one, however, I am having a very hard time locating this product. I live in Tampa, Florida and the The Home Depot and other home builder stores here do not carry this product. Can anyone tell me where I can locate and purchase this product. It is my understanding that if this product is used, there is no need to prime the cabinets before painting. HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.