Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum Need Manual for Brother XL5340 Sewing Machine or how to use buttonholer

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Babycakes
      Participant

I seem to have misplaced the manual to my sewing machine (Brother XL5340) I made a blouse yesterday but I don’t know how to use the buttonholer. Any help??

bink
      Participant

You can buy a manual at this website. $19.08, I think somewhat high but then I am not in sawing machine.

http://www.sew4less.com/product_details.php?ProductID=3174

felice49
      Participant

Step 1: set pattern selection dial to A.
      2. Lower pressure foot and sew 5 to 6 stiches. 3. Stop the machine when the needle is at the left side of the stitches, raise the needle from the material.
      Step 2: Turn the pattern selection dial to B. 2. Sew the predetermined length of the tailor’s chalk line. 3. Stop the machine at when the needle is at the left side of the stitch, raise the needle.
      Step 3: turn the pattern selection dial to C. 2. sew 5 to 6 stitches. 3. Stop the machine when the needle is at the right side of the stitch, raise the needle.
      Step 4: set the pattern selection dial to D. 2. sew the right side until the needle reaches the stiches sewn in step 1.
      Hope this helps.

Felice

felice49
      Participant

Step 1: set pattern selection dial to A.
      2. Lower presure foot and sew 5 to 6 stiches. 3. Stop the machine when the needle is at the left side of the stitches, raise the needle from the material.
      Step 2: Turn the pattern selection dial to B. 2. Sew the predetermined length of the tailor’s chalk line. 3. Stop the machine at when the needle is at the left side of the stitch, raise the needle.
      Step 3: turn the pattern selection dial to C. 2. sew 5 to 6 stitches. 3. Stop the machine when the needle is at the right side of the stitch, raise the needle.
      Step 4: ste the pattern selection dial to D. 2. sew the right side until the needle reaches the stiches sewin in step 1.
      Hope this helps.

Felice

Unregistered-jmorse22003

I’m new today to this site. Did you ever find a manual for your Brother XL5340 sewing machine? I just had that machine given to me today and I don’t have a manual for it either. It’s also missing the pressure foot and not sure what else may be missing. I’d like to converse with you privately about how you like this machine. Can you email me at jmorse22003@yahoo.com? Thanks.
      Jan

Unregistered-phuard

I know this is a really old question but I found it when I was looking for the manual too.

Here is a manual that you can download for free.

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/files/dlf/doch000062/xl513052325340ug01enesfr.pdf

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.