Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      trblmkr
      Participant

Need some help building a lake front seawall. I’m at the end of a cove and my property is an “L” shape. One side of the property is 38 feet and the other 20 feet. The wall is going to be about 6 feet high. I was thinking about driving in galvanized pipe in ever 6 feet and use pressure treated lumber to build the wall. I’m not sure how deep I need to drive the pipe into the ground and what proper distance I need to be between each pipe.
      Anyone have any ideas?????? I could send pics of the property area if you need them.

Thanks,

k smith
      Participant

personally i dont think a six foot bulkhead is a d.i.y. project if you want it to last. call a few pro’s in and get bids. j.m.o.

Unregistered-HarryC

A six foot wall is pretty substantial, which triggers building code issues, such as engineered design, railings. Since you must have submitted an engineered retaining wall design, you cant just replace it with pipes and pen boards. If you already have the corp permit you are pretty much limited to building what the approved plans call for, same for the county permit. I agree with K Smith, construction of this wall is not diy.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.