Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum Need Help applying Ralph Lauren River Rock Paint

• This topic has 42 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years, 9 months ago by Unregistered-PHYLIS SAUNDERS.
Viewing 42 reply threads
  • Author
      Dee

I have been trying to paint a room with the “Fossil Canyon”
      Ralph Lauren River Rock Paint. I can’t seem to get a
      smooth finish. There is a line everywhere I start a new section.
      I’m using a foam roller as suggested by Ralph Lauren Co.
      Does anyone have a suggestion to get rid of these lines?

People have posted over 1000 messages on our forum requesting help or offering assistance with this brand of paint.
      In reading the messages we have heard horror stories and stories of great ease.
      While it may be a complex paint to apply the customer service has been consistently helpful.
      They have set up a toll free number to answer any application questions for this paint at 1-800-379-7656.
      They have also developed a series of online videos to insure that your results look like they do in the store:
      http://rlhome.polo.com/rlhome/products/paint/default_howto.asp
      So whether you are trying to paint in Antique Leather, River Rock or Suede they can help.
      *We are not in any way affiliated with the Ralph Lauren Company nor its products.

laurie

Instructions say to paint in overlapping xx,s

shirley clayton

I have been trying to paint my living room (of all places) with this stuff and I have given up. It is a wonderful color, just what I have been looking for, but, just as you, I keep getting a line where I start, even with the roller Ralph Lauren company suggests. Please, somebody, give me a hint! My livingroom is half finished and it looks terrible!!!!!

Cracked up crackie

I think ralphie should hav stuck to pants not
      paints. For the money I cant see anything but
      a wall I have to get this mess off of. Any one with
      experience with the crackle medium. My top coat
      paint was very thick like pudding. I don’t think
      it should be. When using crackle should the top coat
      be as thin as the base so that you get a consistant
      effect. My cracks are’nt the same and a sponge look
      like Ralph says to use on the can looks like a
      sponged wall . When I used a roller the cracks
      appeared better but you get a line where the roller
      touches the surface you just painted. I don’t like
      this at all . Any suggestions.

Les Parker, Ralph Lauren Paint Rep

It has been a while since I have been to this site, but let me assure all of you that the Ralph Lauren Paint finishes are all of exceptional quality. They are the best products Sherwin Williams manufacture and we will stand behind any of our products. The key to all of the finishes is to read the apllication tips on the back of the can or you may call our toll free number at 1-800-379-POLO (7656) during business hours. I have personally applied all finishes many times and have had great success. Mind you, I work for the company, but I am by no means a professional painter. It is also advisable to purchase the specific applicators for the particular jobs as they are specially designed to work together. Another idea would be to practice on a small scrap of drywall (available at any Home Depot) and practice on that. While some of the techniques seem a little daunting at first, they are not above a do-it-yourselfers abilities. My own mother can vouch for that! Good luck and Good painting!

Les Parker, Ralph Lauren Paint Rep

It has been a while since I have been to this site, but let me assure all of you that the Ralph Lauren Paint finishes are all of exceptional quality. They are the best products Sherwin Williams manufacture and we will stand behind any of our products. The key to all of the finishes is to read the apllication tips on the back of the can or you may call our toll free number at 1-800-379-POLO (7656) during business hours. I have personally applied all finishes many times and have had great success. Mind you, I work for the company, but I am by no means a professional painter. It is also advisable to purchase the specific applicators for the particular jobs as they are specially designed to work together. Another idea would be to practice on a small scrap of drywall (available at any Home Depot) and practice on that. While some of the techniques seem a little daunting at first, they are not above a do-it-yourselfers abilities. My own mother can vouch for that! Good luck and Good painting!

Lisa Donald

What is the key to getting the desired aging look of the paint? I have not started the process yet!. But, would love to hear some worthwhile advise.
      signed,,
      don’t want to age before I’m ready.

Highlandia

I have been working with these paints professionally for over a year and absolutely love them. Note that “roller marks” are every painter’s pain. Here are a few suggestions to alleviated the edge (overlap) lines:

1) Apply a same-color base coat before starting
      2) Roller the paint in X and W and V patterns (not strictly in straight up and down patterns)
      3) Apply a minimum of two coats over the base coat (each coat evens out the coverage and the use of a same-color base coat doesn’t allow for much contrast behind each roller stroke)
      4) Realize that wet and dry paint, side by side, will look like different colors but they should dry to the same color (with the exception of the Ralph Lauren glazes which are very, very tempramental.)
      5) Keep a wet edge. If you must stop before you’ve finished the entire room, try to stop in a corner, or at least smudge-in a wavy, non-harsh edge wherever you decide to leave-off for the day.

These painting problems are most noticeable when working with deep, rich colors (like so many in the Ralph Lauren line)that are applied directly over white or light-colored base coats, so use your same-color base coat first, or stick with the whites and neutrals (noticeable errors).

Hope this helps

holly

actually, the suede requires the overlapping X’s, not the River Rock. You are probably getting the overlap marks due to pressing the roller a little harder than you need to. If you load up the roller one time for each “square” or “18X18 inch section” this is enough paint to fill these sections in adequately. You may see some sparce areas, but this is a normal attrribute of the paint. When you apply the 2nd coat it will “fill in” these areas and cover well. You can see the product building up a “ridge” on the edge of the roller and actually forming a “line” on the wall. This is because you are pressing too hard. No matter how many time you apply a coat over this, that ridge will still stand out. Hope this helps. You can e-mail RL paints at
      holly_sanchez@ici.com with any additional inquiries.

Sue Treuhaft

I am a professional artist, decorative painting,
      faux finisher and I have used the RL River Rock paint and had very good results although I never use his paint unless requested by client. It is
      overpriced like most of the special faux paint products. All these special finishes can be achieved with regular paint mixed with waterbased
      polyurethane, water, sand, etc. Most of these types of finishes need to be applies with good rags, not with rollers, brushes, sponges. The River Rock works best when applied with a rag and
      just needs one coat and will cover a multitude of
      problems. The down side is all the sand at the end of the job. Its not usually the paint but the method of application. I work with a partner
      because most are easier with 2 people. It seems
      like an simple job to apply paint but it actually
      takes some skill and lots of practice. If it was so easy I wouldn’t have so many jobs. It took me
      2 gallons to do 1000 sf. room.

Liz

What a nightmare! I’ve used a lot of different paints and many different techniques but I have never been so frustrated with a product before. After apply my third coat of Grand Teton, which from what I hear is one of the worst colours to work with, I still had very patchy results with verticle lines. So of course I called the 1-800 number, only to hear you should use more paint. MORE PAINT!!!! I was starting on my 4th gallon in a very small bedroom (only 250 sq. ft.). With over $250 into this room and all my time, I wasn’t ready to give up. So I waited for a really cool day, to slow the drying, used a non-Ralph Lauren roller, and applied my last coat. This turned out much better than before but definitely not perfect coverage. Thank God for Home Depots Satsfaction Guarantee!!! In general, the concept of River Rock is great, it’s the product that sucks!

Lori

I fell in love with the RL River Rock Granite Falls paint swatch. After spending hours reading all the messages here, I think I have an idea of what I’m getting myself into. Please let me know if this is the best route to go:

1. Use a base coat of a similar paint color

2. Use a paint sprayer to avoid lines/streaks

3. Follow with a clear coat to make the walls easier to clean.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can share.

David Parks

I have painted every home we have ever owned, 4 houses in all, every room with excellent results. Then my wife and I choose River Rock Grand Teton…….After 5 coats, the first was a sealer/primer we still have streaks, blotches and inconsistency in the application. I would not recommend this paint for a large room, somethiing small in that you have to do the entire wall, then smooth it over BEFORE it starts to dry, which is impossible in a large room. I am now on my way to home depot to get my money back……

Lana Nobles

Use a Campbell Hausfeld sprayer from Home depot. It works great and is EASY EASY EASY! They cost about $160 but it is well worth the results and it is super fast. Just prime then paint trim….tape off trim and then spray the hell out of everything else! I am so happy with this paint and everyone compliments me on it. THis is my first home and first paint job. Try it!

Eric

Like many I too have painted many homes without any major problems…until the dreaded River Rock. I initiall used it a powder room. It was a disaster. Then we moved. Now in a new home I hired a well known painter and one wall in the family room was goint to be the Desert Trail River Rock. 8 yes, 8 coats later the streaks were still there. I consulted with the RL people as did my painter. Lets get real, one out of 8 just by chance should come out looking acceptable. NOT A CHANCE. While the RL/Glidden rep was willing to give me all the paint & supplies that I needed for free it was a lost battle. The real kicker was that the RL rep was not able to come to my home to SEE the problem for own edification. My painter ended up using a textured paint by Mclusky’s. It was great. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER RALPH LAUREN PAINT AGAIN. They have the best colors and the best brochures but the paint itself is inferrior to most other paints on the market.

Debra Wallace

I too used this Ralph Lauren River Rock paint and had the streaks or shading. (Whatever you want to call it) I was sick!!!!!! After 3 coats and 4 gallons I didn’t know what to do. I tried a regular kitchen sponge and dipped it into the paint and sponged on the paint all over the walls where there were lines or streaks. It really helped a lot. You can still see some imperfections but I can live with it now. It really does look pretty in my living room.

James

I wish I had found this site prior to purchasing 6 gallons of RL River Rock paint. My project was to paint a Foyer, Living Room and Hallway. Painting professionally for years I knew this would take no more than 1 gallon of primer and 1 gallon each of the two colors the home owner chose. I was shocked when I read the directions on the RL can that a 12×12 room requires 4 gallons of paint @ two coats. I went at it though. Taped off the floor and crown moldings and started in the corner working with 18×18 sections (as instructed ob the can). When I had finished the section floor to ceiling I gently rolled the wall floor to ceiling (as instructed on the RL can). This went fine, and although the paint looked horrible I was positive the second coat would cover up the 1/4 inch overlaps. The following day I continued my painting. Once I had finished I was perplexed on why I still had streaking from the roller, cut in area and transition from one area to the next. The paint was not completely dry when I would move onto a new section. But than it hit me, this is why I needed 4 gallons. The next day I applied the third coat, that was two days ago. I am now up to coat 5 and I am extremely irritated by the RL River Rock paint. Roller streaks up and down the walls, cut-in’s at the top and bottom look horrific, my client is fuming.

Tomorrow I am on the phone with RL and than heading back to Home Depot with 6 empty paint cans, 4 nine inch rollers and 4 four inch rollers and try to get my money back. It was comforting to know that I am not the only who has run into this problem. As to the few post I read who say they love this paint. My bet is they have some kind of direct tie to RL.

Never will I use RL paints again. I should have known better, considering Home Depot’s primary paint brand is Behr. But that is another story.

Disgusted in Connecticut with RL paints.

James

James Clark

Had to correct the title

I wish I had found this site prior to purchasing 6 gallons of RL River Rock paint. My project was to paint a Foyer, Living Room and Hallway. Painting professionally for years I knew this would take no more than 1 gallon of primer and 1 gallon each of the two colors the home owner chose. I was shocked when I read the directions on the RL can that a 12×12 room requires 4 gallons of paint @ two coats. I went at it though. Taped off the floor and crown moldings and started in the corner working with 18×18 sections (as instructed ob the can). When I had finished the section floor to ceiling I gently rolled the wall floor to ceiling (as instructed on the RL can). This went fine, and although the paint looked horrible I was positive the second coat would cover up the 1/4 inch overlaps. The following day I continued my painting. Once I had finished I was perplexed on why I still had streaking from the roller, cut in area and transition from one area to the next. The paint was not completely dry when I would move onto a new section. But than it hit me, this is why I needed 4 gallons. The next day I applied the third coat, that was two days ago. I am now up to coat 5 and I am extremely irritated by the RL River Rock paint. Roller streaks up and down the walls, cut-in’s at the top and bottom look horrific, my client is fuming.

Tomorrow I am on the phone with RL and than heading back to Home Depot with 6 empty paint cans, 4 nine inch rollers and 4 four inch rollers and try to get my money back. It was comforting to know that I am not the only who has run into this problem. As to the few post I read who say they love this paint. My bet is they have some kind of direct tie to RL.

Never will I use RL paints again. I should have known better, considering Home Depot’s primary paint brand is Behr. But that is another story.

Disgusted in Connecticut with RL paints.

James

Lora Burgess

I’m getting the SAME things you all are. It is difficult to work with but the two walls I have finished are so worth it. I’ve already went through three gallons on a 13 x 19 room and it’s looking like I’ll need another.

Here’s what I learned the hard way.. Stir that stuff constantly, move fast, leave a very wet edge and don’t stop no matter what. I have never dealt with paint like this before and if it didn’t look so darned good I would scrap it. hehee

I picked the pebble beach with a green cast and the colors vary really badly from one can to another.

John McInnis

Is anyone interested in joining a Class Action Lawsuit against Ralph Lauren Paint for there River Rock Paint. The suit is based and deception by RL by not providing adaquate information in regards to application and that they knowingly placed a defective product on the market

karen

We went to home depot to get our money back today and finally walked out with 130.00 after we stepped up a couple rungs on the management ladder! The Glidden rep happened to be there and he was a jerk, no help at all.

karen

Aaron

I also tried to use the paint, 4 coats later and 2 phone calls to customer service NO LUCK. Followed the instructions to a “T”. No such luck. I am really interested in knowing some details from the people that claim it went on correctly. I’m looking for roller part numbers, ( as I read through all the posts it was apparent that people were using 2 different kinds of rollers. A spongy one and a nap type one.)

Also wondering if there are certain lot numbers of paint that actually worked?

Maybe there are problems with the paint? Or the people that mix the paint?

Home Depot refunded all the money I had spent, paint rollers included.

It is just a shame cause I really liked the color.

Irene S

What the hell is up with with this paint?????????We spent lots of f–king money on what I thought was worth it, but after applying seven coats{not all at one time of course}I realized we got taken in by “name”Ralph Lauren” ,Ralph should be assamed to put his name on such a low grade product.I was so pissed about it ,I cut Ralph`s name off everything and will not buy any clothing or what ever his name is on,I will do my best to pass this information on to friends and to People I happen to see in the store looking at that worthless paint.I plan on hanging out at “HOME DEPOT” at least an hour a day, right in front of the paint, and tell the truth.Does Ralph know??????

Joyce

i painted my bathroom one of the shades of silver metallic Ralph Lauren paint. It seems that they have discontinued the line. I need more–any tips on something close?

Ellery

We just completed application of RL Suede paint to all four walls in a very large bedroom, with excellent results. We learned some things that might help others. 1. Our walls are knock-down texture, not smooth as is recommended, and we still got great results. 2. We were covering up a satin finish “butter cookie” yellow paint. We used the “Zinc” color for one wall and “Rattlebox” for the other three walls. Priming the walls would probably have been helpful, but since we didn’t we ended up doing two base coats with the RL paints to achieve a nice, smooth finish. 3. You WILL see roller lines when done with your base coat, or coats, no matter how evenly you apply this paint – but your “X” step will eliminate them if it is done properly. 4. Now for the the “X” step – the key to a beautiful finish. The directions supplied on the can, online at polo.com, and in the printed info are accurate but not detailed enough. Here are some tips: first, be sure to use lots of drop cloths, tape, etc. to protect the surrounding area – this gets MESSY! Now, you must use LOTS of paint for your X’s – your brush will be heavy and dripping with paint. Unbelievable amounts of paint! Dip the brush about half way down into the paint, and then lightly tap the brush on the edge of the can – DO NOT skim the brush on the edge of the can! Now apply to the wall in an overlapping “X” pattern using only about 4-5 strokes. Now RELOAD your brush with paint and repeat. Watch for runs or globs and smooth them out, but do NOT spread the paint thin and do NOT let your brush run dry – that would cause big blotches. Your X’s should be made with the full 3-inch wide sides of the brush, not the tips of the bristles, using a very fluid, tight motion…only about 5 inches per stroke works best. Overlap the edges of each stroke slightly as you move across the wall. Cover the wall in a large fan pattern rather than in horizontal rows or vertical columns. It’s ok to have a few small, untouched spots in this step. 5. It is possible to touch up small imperfections AFTER the wall is completely dry. Just make sure that, again, you use a generous amount of paint and be sure to use the same style of X-ing that you were using previously. 6. We used the RL specialty rollers and based on previous experiences with regular tools we’re convinced this contributed to great results – you’re investing a good deal of money in paint and expending a lot of effort so go ahead and invest the extra money to do the job right. It will pay off. Good luck!

tdt

river rock is a HORRID PRODUCT

bob

Mr paint or Faron J,

Is river rock okay to use for a finished basement? second, i really like the river rock paint that is tan in color with the blue specs through it… does RL or any other brand carry that in a regular paint?

Thanks

Annie

After reading this message board last week, I was scared to death to use the RiverRock Ralph Lauren in Pediment color on my bathroom walls over the weekend. I have older walls (house built in 1932) and a flat white was already on the walls from the previous owner. I started and found the paint spread very easily on the first coat–there was some darker and lighter areas, but after using the small 4″ roller on the second coat, it came out just like the swatch!!!! It is beautiful and no streak marks. Dont believe everything you read, I think everyone’s results will be different.

Ernie

Like everyone else, I was initially quite unhappy with my results due to the streaking. I found the solution, however. The paint MUST be applied VERY heavily and VERY quickly. I used two rollers and had a friend assist me. I did only small sections of wall with each load of paint. The wall was so wet that it even “bubbled” in some places. Just avoid so much paint that it runs. After it dries, the bubbles will disappear and there will be no streaks. Yes, it’s VERY difficult paint. But it looks glorious!

Unregistered-Rob S

We are now in on our 5th coat, that should only have taken 2 per the instructions. I wish I would have seen this before I had spent $35.00 a can from Home Depot.

Handyman
      Participant

People have posted over 1000 messages on our forum requesting help or offering assistance with this brand of paint.
      In reading the messages we have heard horror stories and stories of great ease.
      While it may be a complex paint to apply the customer service has been consistently helpful.
      They have set up a toll free number to answer any application questions for this paint at 1-800-379-7656.
      They have also developed a series of online videos to insure that your results look like they do in the store:
      http://rlhome.polo.com/rlhome/products/paint/default_howto.asp
      So whether you are trying to paint in Antique Leather, River Rock or Suede they can help.
      *We are not in any way affiliated with the Ralph Lauren Company nor its products.

Unregistered-Cindy

I read many of the articles prior to the purchase of river rock paint and am so glad I did! It’s always best to have a practice surface board on hand before any questionable paint application.
      I found the application very simple:
      1. Hand brush the first layer (very thick).
      2. Very lightly, roll out the layer as though to barely skim the surface.

Be careful about the dry time, I’d give it 24hrs. before attempting to layer a second coat. In my case, I really didn’t need a second application but decided to do it antway. The look is as beautiful as the Lauren brochure photos.

Good Luck!

Unregistered-paintslave

I’ve been battling with streaks and uneveness despite 3 applications…and counting.
      I’ve even tried first applying a similar flat latex color as a “primer” which nearly matches the Ralph Lauren sandstone color. After 2 coats of Ralph it’s STILL streaky.
      How many coats of paint do they use on the color swatches, displayed at the paint store, which are so even.
      ps- Ralph grew up in the Bronx and undoubtly was called “Ralphy” in the neigborhood.
      pss- his real last name is Lipschitz.

kenn63
      Participant

I was kinda of cautioned after reading all the bad post concerning this paint. After talking to rl was told to buy 6 gallons of this paint to get the desired look and i must say this is a excellent paint to work with. I did get the look I was expecting, so here are some tips i used to acheieve my goal. First I used kilz primer 1st coat let it dry for a day, then applyed 2nd coat let it dry for a day. applyed the rr QUICKLY (make sure room is completely taped before starting). since it said 28′ sections, I divide all the walls into two groups, started with the base boards and trim, cut in with the roller and kept going til the whole wall was done. Let it dry overnight. Started 2nd coat the next morning at 6am let that dry till 9pm and finished the last coat. Noticed that all the touch up work after the tape was removed did blend after 3 coats were applyed in the manner described above. will post pictures , but honestly for the money I spent, I would not use this again til I buy a bigger house. all in all it was worth the time involved, but the price needs to come down 10 buck or so.

Unregistered-chosenworks

After appling 4 gallons of river rock paint using their rollers(I used casual colors semi-gloss as a primer and then 4 gallons of river rock), I believe that the streaks are largely due to the grains in the paint building up on the roller. I frequently and thouroughly rinsed out the rollers after applying 1/2 gallon at a time. I still had some streaking and decided to touch up the streaky patches (Instead of completely repainting for the 5th time) by dabbing on the paint with a synthetic wallpaper sponge and that worked GREAT. I cut up the sponge into thirds and stopped using each one as the grains became too concentrated because I was not able to wash the grains out well enough so that they would not redeposit on the wall. I rinsed out the sponge after each small patch application. If I had to do it all over again I would have painted one coat of the colored primer and then sponged on the r.r. paint all over the wall instead of using a roller!! I would probably have only used 1 1/2 gallons of r.r. paint, 2 at the most.

Dianalee
      Participant

I had streaky results with River Rock “pebble beach” I did 3 coats and could still see each roller stroke from top to bottom. As a last resort, I took a large sponge, dipped it in the paint and dragged the pain on in an upside down arc shapes. The results are gorgeous. We have gotten more compliments on this particular room. I have a friend who recently did her bathroom in similar fashion and it also came out beautiful. I will be using it again for the hallway.
      Hope this helps if you’re struggling with it.

Unregistered-Guest user

After reading all of the posts here I was scared out of my mind to try river rock. However, I decided to go with the suggestion of using a paint spayer. I bought a middle of the line Wagner paitner ($80). It worked like a charm! Here’s my suggestions if you try it this way:

1. Get a color matched primer and spray it on first to get used to using the sprayer and to lay down a base coat.

2. When spraying the river rock, remove the little paint filter from the end of the paint intake. This provides better flow.

3. Spray the river rock on in 4′ wide sections floor to ceiling. Also spray it on fairly heavy. I tried to get it right to the point just before the paint would run.

4. After coating a 4′ section, do the dry roller technique described on the can. Take the roller and roll one continuious stroke from top to bottom.

The effect is the same as applying the paint with the roller but there is no need to cut in the 28×28 sections and you can paint a 4′ section pretty fast. That way you can get to painting the next 4′ section before the previous one dries (which is the key to eliminating any streaks!)

Finally, the paint didn’t do any damage to the sprayer other than wearing the little “springy thing” out a little quicker than with normal paint. I just replaced it after each coat (about $5 for 2 of them).

Good luck! I hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

Unregistered-aptdweller

I just applied the suede finish to my 11×9 bedroom with 9 1/2 ft ceilings and it looks beautiful. Here’s an idea for all you naysayers. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. If you do what the instructions tell you to do, you can’t go wrong.

I tried the Linen a couple of years ago and it was a terrible experience and it came out horribly. I tried to follow the printed instructions and just wasn’t getting it. So I was cautious about wanting to do the suede, especially after reading all the problems listed here. With the new instructional videos now on the Ralph Lauren Paint website (and the in-store demo video), if you do what the videos show you, you’ll have a great finish. Add the helpful hints called Eureka! on these threads (thank you Ellery), and if you can’t get it right, it’s not the paint or Ralph’s fault.

So…
      1. Use the right tools.
      2. Put drop cloths down – this will get messy.
      3. Estimate how much paint you’ll need and then double it! For my small room I used two gallons and a quart, and that room has three doors and a window.
      4. You WILL have roller marks after the first coat. You are SUPPOSED to have roller marks. Just chalk it up to a good sign that you’re doing the finish correctly, and move on to the second coat with the Xs.
      5. Apply the Xs totally randomly in the fan pattern. It’s so easy… seriously… like, too easy for all the complaints listed here…

dntwnvenus
      Participant

I am curious as to why so many people hate this paint and find it difficult to work with. I have painted few rooms in the past – I’m not a pro yet I found this paint extremly easy and forgiving. Perhaps because I know what suede looks like? My bedroom look just like suede wallpaper. Dark and light in some areas. Here is what I did:

I used the smaller rollers to do top and bottom edge. Applied first coat, it was very streaky – light and dark, as implied in directions. Then second coat, I did the X’s. Wow!!! what a nice result. 2nd coat does two things. It evens out the paint color and it texturizes the wall with suede affect. If you first coat is uneven and streaky, don’t worry..second coat will take care of uneven first coat.

Doing the x’s were a bit strainous on my wrist (especially towards the end when the brush was full of sand. It weighed 10 lbs…LOL). Results are worth the work. I honestly didn’t think it was that hard. Maybe because I love the end result. I can’t stop looking at my work – hehe!

You must try. It’s very forgiving and rewarding – only if you expect your wall to look like suede. This paint is by far from traditional flat paint. Love it, love it!!!

Unregistered-JimOB

Completed one room with Suede paint. 1st rolled coat looked horrible. 2nd X brushed coat came out great. Pleased with the finished result. Struggling with River Rock. 3 rolled coats and still too streaky. Bad enough that something has to be done.

Unregistered-KB

Do yourself a favor and read Ellery’s post “RL Suede Paint – Eureka!” from January 26, 2006.

This paint is not that difficult to apply and my Sage green room looks fantastic!

http://discussions.tommmymac.us/wwwboard/messages/175239.html

Unregistered-Doug

Impossible to apply. The worst (and most expensive) paint I’ve ever used.

Unregistered-PHYLIS SAUNDERS

I LOVE THE SHADES, I LOVE THE TEXTURE, BUT THOSE LINES ARE KILLING MY HUSBAND AND I. NO MATTER WHICH WAY WE PAINTED, WE STILL GOT THE LINES.FIRST WE DID EXACTLY AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID,GOT LINES, TRIED ANOTHER WAY, GOT LINES, DID 4 COATS, GOT LINES. HOW DO YOU GET RID OF THE LINES? PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP US.

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.