Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have a three year old home.

During the second year (after the one year warranty had expired that would’ve covered this specific problem),I noticed a water stain at the bottom of the molding that goes around the basement entry door.

I contacted the builder who has come out on several occasions to caulk various places around the exterior of the door. The builder doesn’t know where the problem is.

I have contacted waterproofing companies, and have been told the job is too small (The builder did waterproof the basement during construction), and handymen don’t know what to do.

I know the builder is not going to come out indefinately; I also am very worried about the property value and being able to sell at a profit in the near future.

Any advice?

Thanks!

mwegman
      Participant

This may sound a bit crazy , but perhaps it is also why no one can find youre leak.
      Check your gutter on your roof if you have a seperate flashing running fron your gutter to under your shingles your probably still looking for that leak , but in my 38yrs experience with rfg, and Home Inspecting I have found the lack of this flashing may allow the water which runs over the shingle into the gutter , by means of capillary action to run down the inside of your walls and generally come out in some obscure place in your basement.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.