Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      itsreallyconcrete
      Participant

all i know’s anderson, pella, & marvin,,, never had to do anything but sub the work,,, which’s the hot stuff today ? know low-e is the std glass but f/g OR vinyl-covered wood would be your choice ?

btw, if they were conc, i wouldn’t be asking 😉 thanks, guys !

itsreallyconcrete.com
      decorative conc artisan
      conc repairs

Handyman
      Participant

At least in my case.
      Avoid the word nagzilla in reference to spouse.

Tip Two:
      Let her do the research narrow it down to the style choices she wants. Casement versus double hung etc.

She may also want features that are only available in certain brands of windows. (like the ones that auto tint or have the blinds between the panes.

In any case if she is part of the process you will have less headaches (at least on your side of the bed) for many years to come.

And you may want to file for this:
      http://discussions.tommmymac.us/HowTo_Library/Save_Money_on_Replacement_Windows–A4124.html

Unregistered-kanimalhouse

My husband works in glass and hates Anderson windows. If the thermal panes break, he can only replace with Anderson direct and has to replace the entire sash, which in your case will make choosing subs or keeping prices down in the future difficult, and they are overpriced to begin with. We put Marvins in our house, personally like the choices and priced right. Great online catalog and parts are easily ordered even years later. (stain ruined some plastic so I replaced, nothing mechanical)

Unregistered-riverhawk

way I looks at it ..ya can either replace bride or da winders

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.