Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mollie526
      Participant

We have just moved into a 4 year old home and I have a musty smell coming from the kitchen sink. Could you please help me how to get rid of this odor.

Jasper
      Participant

* The drain pipe from your sink to the sewer has a vent pipe that usually goes through your roof.
      * When you dump water into you sink, the water goes down the drain and through a
      J-Trap then to the drain pipe. When the water fills the sewer pipe, the vent prevents a suction which will suck the water out of the trap.
      * It’s the water in the trap that prevents fumes from comming back out of the sink.
      * Find the vent for your sink then run a snake to see if it’s clogged, then unclog it.
      * If all else fails, a plumber can do a smoke test. He’ll force smoke into the sewer pipe that then goes out the vent. It’ll look like a chimmney smoking.
      * Good luck… Adios… Jasper

Jasper Castillo

riverhawk
      Participant

The very first thing I would do is take out the trap and install a new one . There is probably old soap, greese and you name it in there. your problems should be over.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.