• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Audrey Cannon

I am having a problem with water under my house. My house is only five years old. I noticed water standing all around the edges of underneath my house. I started to apply water proofing to the foundation where I thought it might be coming in. Now that I have been spending so much time under my house I have discovered that the insulation is wet and molding in spots under the house. Could this be caused from the water that collects when it rains. It is on the opposite side of the house from where the water is standing. What else could be causing so much moisture under the house and how do I resolve the problem. Due to so much rain I have not been able to finish appling the water proofing. Should I get that problem fixe before I start to worry about the wet insulation.

big bob

waterproofing will treat the symptom. proper grading will treat the problem. buy a book on landscaping, read about proper grading, then get to work. might have to install french drains too. can’t really tell based on the info you’ve given. a good book should have all the answers.

hth

Gary Eddy

As long as you aren’t dealing with a high water table, get a quality seamless gutter system and also grade the dirt to drain water away.

Helen Crenshaw

I need help putting a gutter system on the corrigated plastic under our deck. Do you have any ideas?

David Hickman

I have a brick house with a crawl space.Under the house the ground is covered with plastic sheeting as a moisture barrier I think.In every low spot in the plastic there is a puddle of water.It appears to be condesating on the topside of the plastic and forming the puddles.I live in a very humid area.Should I get an exhaust fan to pull the moisture out?Would a dehumidifier be more effeciant?Once I get this solved,what do I have to do to prevent this from happening again?

Unregistered-lassieboy1951

I have plastic covering my installation,duct work and flooring under my house.Its dry inside the plastic area.I see alot of moisture on plastic dripping water.wet on the ground.I see alot of black coming out around my light switchs inside house.what is the cause and what can be done.ps. could my return be so strong that’s it’s calling dust or moisture.i don’t have a dehumifier

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.