Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      d12582
      Participant

okay geniuses!! I have developed a super sensitive smell to mold or mildew. We found some due to a leak behind the shower and ceiling in bathroom. Thoroughly cleaned all wood and treated with captan before repairing and put cement board on ceiling. Now I still smell mildew or mold. Are there any test kits available for the homeowner to try before hiring the big guns. Any help you all can render will help save my sense of smell. You have been very helpful to me in the past and I look forward to your diverse answers. Thanks Dee!

Billhart
      Participant

“Thoroughly cleaned all wood and treated with captan before repairing and put cement board on ceiling.”

While Captan is a fungicide, all the regerence I can find is protecting againts diseacse in fruits and vegatables.

http://www.pestproducts.com/captan.htm

“USE ON:

FRUIT CROPS: Apples, Grapes, Peaches and Strawberries.

VEGETABLES: Seed Treatment Only.

BULBS: Pre-plant treatment – Gladioli and Tuberous begonias.

ORNAMENTALS: Azaleas, carnations, Chrysanthemums, Roses.

LAWNS AND TURF”

I did not see where it is used for interior applications for mold control.

” We found some due to a leak behind the shower and ceiling in bathroom. “

A leak in the shower would affect the wall, floor, and ceiling below. Not the ceiling of the shower.

The ceiling of the shower might have mold due to poor ventalatiion and/or insulation.

But I did not see where there an information about the cause of the leaks or the fixing of the leaks.

Once the cause of the excess moisture is removed then then even, if there where any remains of the mold, it should die.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.