Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      boothbay
      Participant

This is weird..i am replacing my mortise front door lock with a new cylinder…in order to get it to engage the bolt of my lock i need to get it at the 6 o’ clock angle..as of now, its at 6.25..try everything in the book that i know of to get it to move..but it won’t budge. I am leery in sticking a screw driver or something into the keyhole..i did try the key..but was afraid i may break the key and then i would be stuck with a broken key in it…i lubricated it to no avail..any tricks left?

Bruno1949
      Participant

Take the lock, the keys, the bag of parts, whatever you have, down to a locksmith and get things set right. If the key and lock cylinder are matched they turn with no effort. Obviously something is wrong or the key would turn and the lock mechanism would open. By now you may have swapped keys, or bent something or damaged the key. Lubing and messing around with the cylinder shouldn’t be necessary with a new lock. It’s actually not needed even on an old lock. The lock can be repinned to match your original key for a couple of bucks by any good locksmith. Admit defeat. You will get over it when the door works properly.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.