Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      redoane
      Participant

Have a Hampton Bay model 562 062 light/fan with remote control. Has worked for 7 years and suddenly stopped working. First, the light would come on with the remote but it wouldn’t turn off. Now nothing works including the fan.
      The remote has fresh battries. I even tried changing the dip switches in the receiver on the motor housing and on the remote. Also tried a different remote. Any help will be appreciated.

Bruno1949
      Participant

Go to Lowe’s and they have replacements. It’s not fun, but replacing the receiver isn’t bad if you follow the directions. The odds are that the driver chips for the fan and lights have burned out in the receiver so it doesn’t matter what you tell it to do, it just can’t do it anymore. More than likely a power surge took it out, but sometimes they just quit. Just take in the model number and pick up the right replacement and follow the directions in the package. An hour or so later you should be working again.

redoane
      Participant

Is this a part I can purchase and replace?

doug seibert
      Participant

Hampton Bay 1-877-527-0313 1-800-841-1350

King of Fans 1-800-330-3267

HomeDepot 1-800-947-7000

“……measure Once…..cut Twice….
      throw that one away and cut a new one….”

Bruno1949
      Participant

Most Big Box stores carry their own brand of fans and I was mis-thinking on that one! The basic idea was good, just the wrong store! Sorry about that.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.