• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      carl

I replaced a section of rotted bathroom floor and re-tiled. All went well except after I bolted the toliet back on–I now see a tiny leak coming up from under the tile. I did notice the floor flange wasn’t perfectly level, but was told not to worry. Any help???

Steve:

every time the comode base is moved you must take off the old wax ring and install a new one. It must also be installed the right way.

Its either the wax ring or your horn does not fit down deep enough into the floor flange.

Steve:

put some food coloring into the tank and do a flush. See if the leak is actually coming from above and showing up on the floor. If the wax ring and horn have a good fit, then its the rubber washers holding the tank to the base or that horn in the fittings, or its the hoses not fully tightened or last but not least, it could be condensation.

Tonight add some more food coloring to the tank and in the morning see what you can see. If its from above, the food coloring will leave a water running trail.

DH

If the toilet flange was not rusted through and the wax ring was installed right, here are a couple of ideas…is the floor level? does it have a hump in it under the toilet? does the toilet rock? even the slightest movement will break the seal. When you sat the toilet on the wax ring did it sit up about 1/4″-1/2″ off the floor? If not it is not thick enough, get an extra thick wax ring. Make sure the toilet sits all the way down on the floor. DH

Diana Kuhn

HELP I am a single Mom and my value which feeds the toliet is leaking, I don’t have the $ for a plumber. How do I replace the value without becoming a rocket scientist? Thanks

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.