Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-brandiebar79

I have a leaky pipe that runs to the cold water from my washing machine. I have tightened it several times, but I think it needs to be replaced. I am not a handy-woman when its comes to anything related to plumbing. I would love some advice as to what should possibly be done. Do I have to only replace the faucet at top or the entire pipe in the wall? Any advice is appreciated.

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi brandiebar79,

Have a look to see if the o-ring or washer has split or perished this may need replacing.

If thats not it try plumbers tape around the the thread where the faucet joins the pipe.

1. First remove any remains of old plumbers tape.
      2. Wrap the tape it around the thread several times in the direction of the thread.
      3. Keep the tension firm on the tread.

Below is a site that goes into more details that can help you. The site also mentions using Pipe Dope to get a tighter connection.

http://www.acmehowto.com/howto/homemaintenance/plumbing/general/teflon.php

Hope this works out for you,
      regards from Noelene a diy Mum from Sydney Downunder.

thiggy
      Participant

I assume that your leak is the rubber hose from the shut-off to the machine. Unless it is new, don’t fool with the old hose, but purchase a pair of new stainless steel braid reinforced supply hoses. These are cheap insurance against catastrophic flooding caused by a burst old style hose. You will have a new hose washer and your leaking problem should be solved as well. (If this is not the leak to which you refer, post back with more details.)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.