Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-garypely

I am having a situation on a house that we purchased recently. I thought that the leak that was coming into the downstairs kitchen was from the plumbing upstairs. The upstairs hot water pipe was wet and it was about the right spot to be the culprit. However, we have not been using the bathroom and (it only seemed to leak when used) and it rained last night. Now this morning it is leaking again. I was thinking that it might be the roof. The roof is old and needs to be redone but was hoping it would last til next summer. I live in Michigan and a friend suggested just putting some tar on the roof to fix the leak and then next year deal with it. Does this sound like a good idea? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

riverhawk
      Participant

Just remember wet rots wood and rotted wood doesnt fix itself. I would take a walk around up there and look to find any soft spots that need attn now or maybe look around the chimney flashing –fireplace too. Check the vallys also and make sure the trees are trimmed as not to hit the houseand create leaks. Just a hint when you redo your roof think strongly about putting on ice and water too

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.