• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      dee

After 3 days of rain, my apartment’s ceiling began to leak. I had previously asked mgmt had there been any water damage before and she stated no. However, I have noticed there are 3 areas on the living room ceiling that looks like repairs. I climbed up to check part of the roof for solidity; it was weak. I am concerned that the rain has caused internal damage and they are just patching up a serious problem. What would be the proper way to repair this problem? The maintenance guy only scrapped off the peeling paint and tape and repainted over the area without retaping or cutting out the wet drywall; he also used some type of black rubbery sunstance around the areas were the roof meets the building as a sealant. Is this proper? And how long does it take for drywall to dry? It was not 48 hrs before he repainted it. Thank you for your advise.

Chris

I would be concerned with mold. I live in Ohio, and we have some local news folks that will investigate things like that and make them public on the news. They attempt to resolve the issue so that they can report good things, but when the people try to cop out, they get it publicized. I would contact your local board of health and ask them. I would even request that they inspect the premisis. Then you will have a solid case to bring to your apartment management.

Chris

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.