• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Maxine Peltier

Info on Grants or Loans for Lead Paint Removal.
      Or, most economical process of removal.

Dale McCririe

I have removed a lot of lead paint both on the interior and exterior of my house almost exclusively with heat plates and guns. The vaporization temperature of lead is higher than the guns or plates will go. This is not true of flames (such as propane torches). The chemical strippers will also work but they are caustic and expensive. Sanding is dangerous as you will aerosolize the lead and suck it into your lungs. Be sure to wash your hands before eating and avoid the dust when possible. Keep fire extinguishers available whenever you use heat guns. Good Luck

Tina Reynolds

I am a single mother of two who is painting her house. I have been sanding the exterior of my house and think that there my be lead paint on it. I am not sure and I don’t know what to do. Even if I find out that there is lead paint, I can not afford to have someone come in and remove it. Is there any type of money out there to help me with my problem. Please look into this for me. Thank You….

Unregistered-Emili

Do happen to know if a family can get any type of grant to fix up your home with lead paint. We found out our home has lead paint all over it and we have four little boys, one who is autistic and has lead poisoning. If you could let me know I would really appriciate it.
      Thank you,
      Emili marling marlingny2@sbcglobal.net

Unregistered-aabukar

I am in the process of purchasing a home that has lead on the exterior walls. I am looking for do it yourself process to remove the lead. Any ideas of how to do the work safely without creating the danger of dust and is there any video material, or equipment to help in doing this task. Type of protection to use would be a plus.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.