Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bjmartens
      Participant

My sister put an undercounter coffee maker on the counter and it was used over a period of time before we realized it was burning the surface. we tried to scrub it out but the burn is deeper than a “scorch”. This is a formica “Almond Oak Edge) counter. (Almond counter with oak edging.) I can’t find it anywhere so I think the only hope is to repair the burn area. So… HELP!!! 🙂

BJ

riverhawk
      Participant

Your insurance company should put you in a whole new countertop after paying deductable. this sort of thing happened to us and they replaced the island and because the hpl had been discontinued they replaced the countertops to match. Our problem was wife set a new bottle of cleaner(from groceries) that was leaking on island and it took the finish from the hpl-high pressure laminate.

riverhawk
      Participant

you might think about taking a razer knife and straight edge nd cut the old burn out, Use a good putty knife and lift and scrape away the old laminate,,sand all old glue out and may want to put a butcher block or may want to recess it for a tile or two.. You could get your handy router out after blocking it off and rout out a recess to fit in a cupole tiles and a little grout ..your all set with a new look.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.