Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-kglenn@prodigy.net

The laminate surface of our kitchen counter has separated from the solid surface, warping, and leaving a gap between the layers. After reading on your website, I have decided that this was probably caused when we were canning and set a hot pan or lid on the counter. Is there any way to repair this? I thought about using hot glue and then weighting the surface, but it didn’t work. It is quite unsightly, and just annoying, especially since we only moved into this home a couple of months ago.

riverhawk
      Participant

I dont know what kind of mess you have there. What I mean is can you get the old hot glue out now that you find it wont work? If you can just get some contracters white glue and spread a medium coat on it and weight it down till dry. I mean alot of weight and alot of time. We laminate duraflake at work and use white glue and then put the boards in a press, they are only pressed for about twenty minutes but we dont cut them for 7 or 8 hrs. you could also use contact cement for a good job if you can get at both sides and have clean parts to work with. We had damage to our countertop and had the insurance guy come. They had to replace all the countertop and island top too! We did have to pay the deductable tho.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.