Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-theresa

I have a Kenmore Elite HE3 front loading washing machine. I got the F02 error and looked it up in the owner’s manual which suggested I check the drain hose for kinks, blockage, etc. I have 4 daughters and a husky so I cleared the hair ball but I’m still getting the message. Is there a switch or something I need to reset or does the problem run deeper? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

HKestenholz
      Participant

Did you try pulling the plug, waiting a minute and putting it back in?

http://www.heatpro.info heat/cool right-sizing

The Senate and House can not find a suitable health plan for the nation; they should open their own exclusive health plan booklet and start reading.

DanO
      Participant

** Kenmore Elite HE3 front loading washing machine. I got the F02 error and looked it up in the owner’s manual which suggested I check the drain hose for kinks, blockage, etc. I cleared the hair ball but I’m still getting the message. **

This is what I have for that error message:

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display. If the error repeats:

* Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
      * Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
      * Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
      * If the above does not correct the problem, replace the pump.

You can see what the pump looks like on the Duet front-load washer at the following link:

LINK > http://www.appliance411.com/data.php?rc=903698

Such an error can also be caused if using the wrong detergent which can create sudsing. Only HE detergent should be used and usually only about 2 tablespoons, 1/4 cup at the very most.

JFYI

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Kenmore+Washer
      The Appliance Information Site
      =D~~~~~~

Unregistered-Duncan

I had the same F02 error, and already fixed it. If you have small children, chances are that you are missing small socks after washing.
      First, you need to take out as much water as you can. Empty the washer, and then select drain with NO spin. It may help to drain water.
      Second step, unplug your machine, and unscrew the front-bottom panel (there are three screws on the bottom, you need to go to the floor)
      Third, there is a plastic cover for the draining pump. WARNING – There is still water inside, so have plenty of towels handy!
      Unscrew the plastic cover and then you will find children socks!.
      Now your problem is fixed!

rejjie
      Participant

Good day. I’ll share my experiences with fixing this F02 error in hopes that it helps others. My Duet washing machine (which I believe is similar to the Kenmore) stopped mid-cycle with an F02 error.

I suspected suds build up, so I tried both regular wash cycles (e.g. Normal) and Rinse and Drain cycles multiple times to clear suds in the system, but still received the F02 error. Sometimes the SUD error message came up, but not consistently.

I ran the built-in Diagnostics tests. It made it to C:06 then got stuck.

In both scenarios above, the washing machine continued to try to pump water out, despite the fact that all the water had already been drained. After 8 or so minutes, the F02 error came on. As I understand it, if the pressure switch detects either water or suds, it commands the drain pump to continue. After 8 or so minutes, if it’s still detecting water or suds, the F02 error is displayed.

I performed the following with no success:
      1. Check Wire Harness connections – OK
      2. Check Drain pump. – OK, as water drains at a rapid rate
      3. Check Drain pump motor – OK, as water drains at a rapid rate
      4. Check that the Drain hose and Drain Pump Filter is clear of
      foreign objects. – OK, ran a cable through both hose assemblies (exterior and interior) and not blocked.
      5. Check the CCU – appears to function normally.
      6. There were no kinks in the hoses, nor was the height of the pump beyond what the manual recommends.

After more diagnostics and troubleshooting, I found that the Pressure Switch was stuck and reported the SUDS state (continuity made between contacts 11 and 14 on the Pressure Switch itself). I ran many Rinse and Normal cycles with no detergent and still got this F02 error. I checked the state of the Pressure Switch’s Empty and Level 1 contacts which intermittently reported the correct water level condition (EMPTY and Level 1). In all cases contacts 11 and 14 (SUDS) were continuously made (connected) irrespective of water level, rinse conditions and the use of no detergent.

I removed the pressure switch and tested it by blowing into the inlet and did hear the switch click, so it seemed to work properly. Given the diagnostics above, I concluded that the pressure switch hose must have been clogged.

How did I ultimately fix the unit? I blew into the pressure switch hose to clear the blockage, and voila – no more F02 errors!

Hope this helps.
      Ray

Note that I had used HE and occasionally non-HE in the washing machine. The non-HE probably caused the suds buildup and blockage in the pressure switch hose.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.