Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-bcoe40

My Kenmore Dryer stopped working today. It tries to start but only makes a whining sound followed but silence and a smell like something is burning.

Need some direction

Thanks in advance

Bill

Jasper
      Participant

There’s a motor with a pully that drives a rubber belt around the dryer tub. Something is bound up and not letting the belt go. That causes the pully to rotate on one spot of the belt and heats it up causing it to burn. It’s a good size job to replace the belt and whatever is causiong the bind. Call a repair man… Adios… Jasper

Jasper Castillo

DanO
      Participant

** My Kenmore Dryer stopped working today. It tries to start but only makes a whining sound followed but silence and a smell like something is burning. **

It could be the motor is jammed or seized up and overheating, then cutting out on its internal overload protector. In that case I wouldn’t advise you to try it any more until you can get inside the dryer to look for possible causes.

BTW. You can read what information you’ll need to get replacement parts for your appliances in the ‘Repair Parts’ section of my site linked below.

JFYI

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Kenmore+Dryer
      The Appliance Information Site
      =D~~~~~~

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.