Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      whynot
      Participant

I have a 2 yr old Kenmore dryer which has been operating fine. Today, it suddenly stopped working properly. The dryer only works when you depress the push to start button. As soon as you let go, it stops. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is this a repair that would be easily done or would it require a repair person?
      Thanks!

DanO
      Participant

** [Kenmore dryer]. The dryer only works when you depress the push to start button. As soon as you let go, it stops. Any help would be greatly appreciated. **

The very first thing we’ll need is the *complete* model number off the appliance’s model and serial number tag so we can see how it was designed and what components it has which might be responsible for such a symptom.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the ‘Repair Parts’ section of my site linked below.

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Kenmore+dryer
      The Appliance Information Site
      =D~~~~~~

Unregistered-Andy R

I have a 13 year old Kenmore Dryer. Recently it stopped working. All it does now is hum when I turn it on. It does not matter which cycle it is turned to. I looked in the back and the belt seems to be still in good shape.
      What could the problem be?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.