• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 19 years, 5 months ago by Unregistered-Luisuelis@frontiernet.net.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-RWWDMW

I have a historic house built in 1850 that I bought in 1996. In 1987 an addition was added and the wall in the addition that has the old brick wall behind it has a moisture problem. The was was plastered. It was painted with a latex primer and paint. The paint is bubbling and looks in some places like dried shaving cream. What options do I have to paint this wall? Would oil base have similar problems?

HenryinMI
      Participant

No, oil based paint would not have done that. I would have peeled right off. It doesn’t like moisture behind it either.

It sounds to me like you need to remove the plaster and build a stud wall inside the building with a moisture barrier on the exterior side of the wall and the inside sealed with Drylox or similar. Also you will want to tuck point the outside of the bricks and seal those or find any leaks that you have and seal those.

Henry in MI

Unregistered-Susie

I just painted my kitchen in a deep red and would like to know what I can do to change
      the red. It’s very drastic. I think I should have gone with a lighter color. I would like to know if I can sponge paint in another color so it wont be so strong.
      What are your suggestions?

Unregistered-Luisuelis@frontiernet.net

I just had my kitchen painted in red and
      would like to know what I can do to change
      the color. The color is to drastic. Could I
      sponge paint another color to calm the red color. What are your suggestions?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.