Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      giant1
      Participant

I am looking at new homes. I have noticed that many do not come with insulation in and over the garage. Should I be concerned by this? What is the average cost of insulating a 2 car garage?

HKestenholz
      Participant

Is there a government agency or a corporation that goes around calculating the average cost of garage insulation? That would be a great asset to an insulation company; they wouldn’t have to measure the garage, see what has to be insulated and then total up the cost of materials and labor.

http://www.heatpro.info heat/cool right-sizing

When citizens are entitled to food and medical care there is no poverty and no need for retirement security.

theeagle
      Participant

lets say between $400 to $800 dollars depending on wall thickness and thickness for batt or blown in the ceiling. with the install and air shutes to allow air to flow from the soffitts to the ridge vent.

Remember the past or all is lost. http://www.geocities.com/theeagles_page/

giant1
      Participant

I wish there was such a magical place. Maybe they would have a translator you could borrower and change all your senseless speak pattern into something that is actually an intelligent conversation or maybe since we are dreaming up a new self for you we could just make you more comfortable and have a ward for people like you. You would love it!! You would get questions that don’t have dimension in them so you could just say you would need a magical calculator to figure that!!! All your imaginary friends could laugh. It would life worth living.

LazySOB
      Participant

Most garages aren’t built with the intention of working there for extended periods. Also depends on your climate, and whether you’ll heat or cool it. In San Diego, wouldn’t worry about it. In Phoenix or Chicago, yes, unless you’ll never work in there.

I plan to heat & cool mine, depending on the season, but only for the few hours I’m there.

BTW, my wife is installing fiberglass batts in our garage starting tomorrow. After I showed her how to do it, her comment was “why would you pay someone to do this?” I guess she thought it isn’t all that hard for a do-it-yourselfer. I got my batts at HD… came out cheaper than Lowes, and with a 10% off coupon (just cause they love me), was even lower than contractors price at the insulation supplier.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.