Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-LeaMishell

I just bought a house and I need to install pull chains for the ceiling fans in the living areas and replace the pull chains for the basement lights which are all too high for me and my children to reach without the chains… or a chair or ladder. I’ve searched on the Home Depot website and short of buying a new ceiling fan, they didn’t have what I’m looking for. Any suggestions on where I can find some?

Unregistered-t.b.

New chains or the ones with the doodad pulls usually have connectors with them. They snap on the last ball of the old chain and the first ball of the new one. In the meantime why not just tie a string to the chain?

ceilingfanrepair
      Participant

Are you talking about replacing broken pullchains in existing fans and lights, or adding new ones where none existed?

Assuming the former . . . replace the pullchains with those identical to the broken ones and wire them the same way.

Assuming the latter . . .

If your fans do not have pullchains then chances are they have remote controls or the like. Light fixtures without pullchains, the only way to add them is to drilla hole in the housing the size of the pull chain coller, attach it, and wire it in series with the socket(s).

FOr more information on ceiling fan parts:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/ceiling-fan-parts.php

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.