Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum I thought I’d pass along a great tip a friend gave me. Keep your wheel barrow forever.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bruno1949
      Participant

A friend tried something last summer on his new wheel barrow that really works. Buy a can or two of spray on bed liner at an auto parts store or Walmart. Sand the paint lightly and degrease the metal and then spray the inside and upper lip following the directions on the can. You can spray the outside too if you want to, just mask off the bolts so you can take it apart some day if you have to. He just moved 15 tons of gravel and it never even scratched the liner! It seems like a great way to preserve something you need to use a couple of times a year. I’m wondering what else that trick could be used on? Flower boxes? Maybe tool handles? Any other ideas gang?

lizzieg
      Participant

My wheelbarrow is beginning to rust, so I’d have to deal with that issue before sealing it.

My toolbox is a old metal hand-me-down from my dad. I think I’ll coat at least the bottom of it to protect from more scratches.

I can also see using this on metal storage shelves to protect the shelf and keep things from sliding off.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.